Blue Willow Tea Trio by Charles Allerton & Sons.
Teacup measures 4 3/4″ across including handles, and 3 1/4″ high. The saucer is 6 1/4″ across, and the dessert plate 7″ in diameter.
Allerton ware from the 19th C was seldom marked.
Many differing marks occur with the name or initials of Charles Allerton & Sons 1859 to 1942. Some marks have an ‘established 1831’ date incorporated in the marks – this date was from the previous company Alterton, Brough & Green.
Allerton Brough & Green 1831 to 1858 were one of the largest pottery firms in Longton in the middle of the 19th century with 348 employees. The partners were Charles Allerton, Benjamin Singleton Brough and William Green.